Human’s have been fasting since we’ve been eating. It used to be an inherent part of our nomadic lifestyle, as food wasn’t always a given.
Many of us nowadays are used to eating many times a day, every single day of the year. Our society has also normalized eating animal products three or more times a day, which not only is unnatural, it is also unhealthy.
Various highly advanced ancient civilizations revered fasting for it’s detoxification of body and spirit, and it remains a sacred tool in healing disciplines across the earth such as Ayurveda, TCM, Sekhem, Native American healing, etc.
Fasting is an essential mechanism because the body cycles between digesting and resting. Digestion expends a considerable amount of energy that could be used elsewhere, so when our digestive system is at rest we are truly giving our internal organs and our digestive system itself a regenerative break. Even after short fasts you can find your lymph detoxified, your immune system re-activated, and your vitality increased.
Fasting also detoxifies your digestive system of inflammatory pathogens (which most meat or sugar consumers possess) and unclogs harmful acid buildups. This reduces and even treats chronic gut inflammation while re-establishing the microbiome, which is vital for healthy immune function.
After the first three days of fasting the liver runs out of glycogen (sugar stored from food) which kicks the body into a metabolic state called ketosis. Ketosis is the breakdown of ketones (fat) deposits for energy. This means our bodies switch from burning glucose (sugar) to burning excess fats. Not only does this process eliminate undesirable and even harmful fatty tissue, it also allows for fat-soluble chemicals & toxins accumulated in our fats to be excreted.
A fast is also useful for those privy in awakening their psychic abilities, as it aids in removing fluoride from the pineal gland and expanding one’s vibrational existence & perception. This is intuitive because a fast detoxifies all the organs of the body, and thus all meridians and energy centers are allowed to clear and function as intended for you to achieve your very best. The body earth has gifted you is sacred, its sad to see some people better maintenance their cars…
– Alternate day fasting feasible for non-obese subjects.
– Fasting for 2 days could help with muscle gain and fat loss.
- Fasting can regulate and enhance growth hormone secretion.
- Fasting can induce cellular cleansing (autophagy)
– Fasting enhances sirtuin regulation which has anti-carcinogenic and anxiolytic effects.
- Fasting can increase life-span and slow/prevent neurodegenerative outcomes.
- Intermittent fasting and alternate day fasting could aid in healthy weight loss and diabetes prevention/reduction.
- Intermittent fasting can prevent diabetic neuropathy in rats.
- Alternate day fasting may improve stress resistance.
- Intermittent fasting (IF; reduced meal frequency) and caloric restriction (CR) extend lifespan and increase resistance to age-related diseases in rodents and monkeys and improve the health of overweight human
- Alternate day calorie restriction improves clinical findings and reduces markers of oxidative stress and inflammation in overweight adults with moderate asthma.
- Interleukin-6, C-reactive protein and biochemical parameters during prolonged intermittent fasting.
- Intermittent fasting during Ramadan attenuates pro-inflammatory cytokines and immune cells.
- Alternate day fasting is a viable diet option to help obese individuals lose weight and decrease CAD risk. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as UIC-004-2009.
- Intermittent fasting exerts a positive impact on the metabolic derangements commonly associated with cardiovascular diseases, and that it may be a viable and accessible intervention for most individuals
- The Effects of Intermittent Energy Restriction on Indices of Cardiometabolic Health.
- Autophagy suppresses tumorigenesis through elimination of p62
– Mild dietary restrictions should be included in clinical trials designed to inhibit cancer growth and enhance the survival of human cancer patients.
- Fasting cycles retard growth of tumors and sensitize a range of cancer cell types to chemotherapy.
- Alternate fasting could exert a beneficial antioxidant effect and a modulation of the oxidative stress associated with aging.
- Long-term intermittent fasting regimen exerts an anti-carcinogenic effect.
- Fasting and cancer treatment in humans: A case series report.
- Dietary restriction increases the number of newly generated neural cells.
- Dietary restriction enhances neurotrophin expression and neurogenesis in the hippocampus of adult mice.
- Both caloric (energy) restriction (CR) and reduced meal frequency/intermittent fasting can suppress the development of various diseases and can increase life span in rodents by mechanisms involving reduced oxidative damage and increased stress resistance.
- Dietary restriction normalizes glucose metabolism and BDNF levels, slows disease progression, and increases survival in huntingtin mutant mice.
- (how important is BDNF? -> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3022308/)
- Intermittent fasting and caloric restriction ameliorate age-related behavioral deficits.
- Caloric restriction and intermittent fasting: Two potential diets for successful brain aging.
- Dietary restriction can ameliorate parkinsons disease by reducing neurodegeneration.
- Intermittent feeding can enhance survival in mature rats even beyond ages at which body weight growth usually ceases.
- Fasting mice survived significantly longer than the full-fed mice, in spite of the fasting group having a heavier body weight than the control group.
- Protection from chemotherapy immunosuppression indicates effect could be conserved in humans.
- Dietary restriction can promote longevity.
- Intermittent or daily calorie restriction can aid in healthy weight loss.